Suspects Charged in Brampton Shooting
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau are investigating the 16th homicide of 2018.
On Monday, July 16, 2018 at approximately 6:11 p.m. officers responded to reports of a shooting at a residence on Donwoods Court in the City of Brampton.
The victim, a man in his late 20s, was pronounced deceased on scene.
Two suspects attended 12 Division, Peel Regional Police for the purposes of surrendering.
Investigators have arrested and charged the following persons with First Degree Murder;
1) Sean Ponto, an 18 year old male from Mississauga
2) Andrew Edward, a 19 year old male from Mississauga
Two unknown suspects remain outstanding and the first is described as male, medium complexion, early 20's years of age, short black curly hair, black beard, approximately 5'8", 150lbs., wearing a light blue hoodie, blue jeans and white shoes.
The second male is described as male black, dark complexion, clean shaven approximately 5'6", 160 lbs., wearing a black hoodie, black bandana and sunglasses.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses, surveillance video (including dash cam video), or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact Peel Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121 Ext 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 70 cases confirmed in Brampton