Suspects Charged in Violent Brampton Robbery
Two suspects are facing charges in connection with a violent Brampton robbery in which a 61-year-old woman was attacked.
The incident took place on June 9 at 7:42 p.m.
The victim was returning to her Brampton home after a walk when a suspect entered the garage, shoving her to the ground while trying to remove her necklace.
He didn’t end up getting the necklace, and quickly fled to a getaway vehicle.
Matthew Pejic, 22, of Brampton is charged with robbery.
He was released on a promise to appear in Brampton court in July.
The second suspect, a 17-year-old male young offender from Brampton, is charged with break and enter, robbery, and two counts of fail to comply.
The youth - whose name is protected by the Youth Criminal Justice Act - was held for a bail hearing on Thursday at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the 22 Division criminal investigation bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 2233 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Man in custody after vehicle drives into ditch in Brampton