Suspects Charged in Violent Brampton Robbery
Two suspects are facing charges in connection with a violent Brampton robbery in which a 61-year-old woman was attacked.
The incident took place on June 9 at 7:42 p.m.
The victim was returning to her Brampton home after a walk when a suspect entered the garage, shoving her to the ground while trying to remove her necklace.
He didn’t end up getting the necklace, and quickly fled to a getaway vehicle.
Matthew Pejic, 22, of Brampton is charged with robbery.
He was released on a promise to appear in Brampton court in July.
The second suspect, a 17-year-old male young offender from Brampton, is charged with break and enter, robbery, and two counts of fail to comply.
The youth - whose name is protected by the Youth Criminal Justice Act - was held for a bail hearing on Thursday at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the 22 Division criminal investigation bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 2233 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Brampton making changes to transit routes starting March 31