Suspects Sought in Large Scale Truck Heist in Brampton
Police are appealing for witnesses in an ongoing investigation.
Around 7:52 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13, a delivery truck was leaving a warehouse in the area of Steeles Avenue East and Goreway Drive.
“Armed suspects forced their way into the cab of the truck and held the driver at gunpoint,” police say.
“The victim, a 33 year-old man, was driven in his truck to an industrial area at Clark Boulevard and Summerlea Road in Brampton where approximately $6.9 million in cellular phones were transferred into a waiting truck.”
The suspects fled the area with the property and the uninjured driver contacted police.
Two suspect vehicles involved in the robbery were caught on surveillance video. They are described as a grey/silver four-door Acura 3.2TL, 1999-2003, and a dark four-door Lexus IS 250 or IS 350, believed to be a 2009-2010.
Anyone with information that can assist the investigation is asked to contact police at 905-453-3311.
Photos courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Family Following Double Murder-Suicide In Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Public's Help To Locate Pregnant 34-Year-Old Woman
- Police Looking For Brampton Man Wanted For Numerous Firearm Offences
- A Brampton-Based Healthcare Project Is Expanding To Other Cities Across Ontario
- Delivery Truck Driver Robbed at Gunpoint in Brampton
- VIDEO: Suspects Sought After Crashing Truck into Store for Armed Robbery in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Police Looking for Suspects After Storage Locker Break-In in Brampton
- Police on Scene for Truck Fire in Brampton
- Police Cracking Down on Transport Truck Drivers