Suspended driver allegedly caught with firearm during traffic stop in Brampton
Police have laid charges following a recent traffic stop in Brampton.
Around 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 8, officers investigated a vehicle in the area of Kenwood Drive and Gilgorm Road near the intersection of Royal Orchard and Bovaird.
The driver tried to leave the vehicle during the traffic stop but was ultimately arrested, according to police.
28 year old Toronto man Drayon Lewis is charged with three highway traffic-related offences (including driving under suspension), seven firearm-related offences, and one drug-related offence.
He was held for bail and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton today (August 9).
Photo: Peel Police handout
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Brampton remains reasonably-priced for tenants: Report
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs