Suspicious Death in Brampton Ruled a Homicide
The investigation is ongoing in what police are calling Peel Region’s fourth murder of the year.
At 2:30 p.m. on Saturday (January 27), witnesses reported a disturbance at a residence in the area of Kennedy and Rutherford Road. Upon arriving, officers located a deceased woman with obvious signs of physical trauma in the residence’s basement apartment.
The victim has been identified as Hoden Said, a 30 year old Brampton woman.
A suspect was seen leaving the residence on foot. He is described as male, between 5'7"and 5'9" in height with a stocky build. He was wearing a jacket with a fur trimmed collar with the hood pulled up over his head, jeans and white running shoes.
Police believe this was an isolated incident and there is no immediate risk to public safety.
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is continuing to investigate. Anyone who may have info regarding this incident is asked to call the bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
- Police Searching for Missing 17 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Teen Girl
- Paramedics Respond to Child Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- It’s Going to be an Extremely Cold Weekend in Brampton
- Brampton Councillor Wants to 'Build a Wall' to Keep Out Cannabis Stores