Suspicious Death in Brampton Ruled a Homicide
The investigation is ongoing in what police are calling Peel Region’s fourth murder of the year.
At 2:30 p.m. on Saturday (January 27), witnesses reported a disturbance at a residence in the area of Kennedy and Rutherford Road. Upon arriving, officers located a deceased woman with obvious signs of physical trauma in the residence’s basement apartment.
The victim has been identified as Hoden Said, a 30 year old Brampton woman.
A suspect was seen leaving the residence on foot. He is described as male, between 5'7"and 5'9" in height with a stocky build. He was wearing a jacket with a fur trimmed collar with the hood pulled up over his head, jeans and white running shoes.
Police believe this was an isolated incident and there is no immediate risk to public safety.
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is continuing to investigate. Anyone who may have info regarding this incident is asked to call the bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- K9 Unit locates alleged fleeing male after Brampton collision
- Here's where Brampton ranks on the list of the most dangerous cities in Canada
- Police investigating stabbing near Main Street in Brampton
- Convenience store robbed, cashier assaulted in Brampton
- Police Searching for Murder Suspect After Suspicious Death in Brampton
- Suspects Fled As Police Investigate Peel's Fourth Murder Of The Year
- Brampton Murder Suspect Found Dead
- Homicide Investigation Underway After Brampton Man Found Dead
- Suspect and Victim Identified in Fatal Stabbing Incident in Brampton