Suspicious Death in Brampton Ruled a Homicide
The investigation is ongoing in what police are calling Peel Region’s fourth murder of the year.
At 2:30 p.m. on Saturday (January 27), witnesses reported a disturbance at a residence in the area of Kennedy and Rutherford Road. Upon arriving, officers located a deceased woman with obvious signs of physical trauma in the residence’s basement apartment.
The victim has been identified as Hoden Said, a 30 year old Brampton woman.
A suspect was seen leaving the residence on foot. He is described as male, between 5'7"and 5'9" in height with a stocky build. He was wearing a jacket with a fur trimmed collar with the hood pulled up over his head, jeans and white running shoes.
Police believe this was an isolated incident and there is no immediate risk to public safety.
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is continuing to investigate. Anyone who may have info regarding this incident is asked to call the bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
- These stores are now open at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton
- Brampton principal temporarily removed for 'xenophobic and racist' remark
- Man charged after hate-motivated incident in Brampton
- Creators of 6ixBuzz possibly doxed via social media
- LATEST OUTBREAKS: List of long-term care homes with COVID-19 outbreaks in Brampton - May 28, 2020
- Police Searching for Murder Suspect After Suspicious Death in Brampton
- Police identify woman allegedly killed by former partner in suspected murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Suspects Fled As Police Investigate Peel's Fourth Murder Of The Year
- Brampton Murder Suspect Found Dead
- UPDATE: Police believe suspicious death in Brampton the result of a homicide