Tactical Officers on Scene for Shooting in Brampton
Tactical and K9 officers are on scene for an incident this morning.
Police were called at 9:43 a.m. regarding a shooting in the area of Queen Street East and Centre Street South.
One person has been shot, police say.
Injuries are currently unknown.
Residents should avoid the area as the investigation continues.
More information to come.
Police report that the adult female victim was shot with a pellet gun and has minor injuries. Officers remain in the area searching for a suspect, described as a black male in blue jeans.
This is believed to be an isolated incident and there is no immediate threat to public safety, police say.
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet