Teen Arrested After Another Teen Seriously Injured During "Vicious" Stabbing Incident in Brampton
A Brampton teen is facing charges in connection with a stabbing and robbery incident that recently occurred in Brampton.
Peel police say that on Friday, June 22 at approximately 10:00 p.m., a 16 year-old Brampton boy was in the splash pad area at Century Gardens Recreation Centre when he was allegedly swarmed by a group 10-15 males of males who were attempting to rob him.
Police say the victim was stabbed numerous times and was rushed to a Toronto trauma centre with life threatening injuries.
The victim is still in hospital in stable condition.
Police say that on Wednesday, June 27, a 16 year-old Brampton boy was arrested and charged with one count of robbery.
The accused was released on a promise to appear with a court date at the end of July.
Police are asking the public's help to identify the remaining males in what they are calling a "vicious attack."
Investigators are appealing for witnesses, dash-cam video, surveillance video, or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121 Ext 2233.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Four Teens Arrested Following Alleged Stabbing and Robbery in Brampton
- Brampton Teen Arrested in Connection with Stabbing Incident at High School
- Police Arrest Driver in Connection with Hit and Run Incident That Seriously Injured Brampton Teen
- Man Arrested Following Stabbing Incident in Brampton
- Three Males Charged After 16 Year Old Kidnapped at Gunpoint in Brampton