Teen Arrested After Robbery Leads to Man's Death in Brampton
Officers have made an arrest following a robbery that claimed a Brampton man’s life.
The incident happened at approximately 10:07 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12.
Police say 73 year old male Amarjit Bhatnagar, along with another family member, were walking through Aloma Park in the area of Aloma Crescent and Avondale Boulevard.
According to police, the victims were approached by two males, who robbed them of some personal possessions and fled the area.
Bhatnagar was injured in the incident and taken to a local hospital.
He succumbed to his injuries on Thursday, June 14, police say.
Investigators have arrested a 15 year old Brampton male. He is charged with manslaughter and robbery.
Police are calling this the 12th homicide of the year in Peel.
The investigation is ongoing. Police ask witnesses and anyone with information or footage of the incident to contact them at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
File photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Four Teens Arrested Following Alleged Stabbing and Robbery in Brampton
- Teen Arrested After Another Teen Seriously Injured During "Vicious" Stabbing Incident in Brampton
- Police Arrest Driver in Connection with Hit and Run Incident That Seriously Injured Brampton Teen
- Police Arrest Two Males in Multiple Carjacking Incidents in Brampton
- Police Report Robbery in Brampton