Teen charged with attempted murder after 60-year-old man shot on bus in Brampton
An 18-year-old man is facing charges in connection with a shooting that took place on a Brampton Transit bus.
Peel police say that on March 5, 2020, officers responded to reports of a shooting on board a bus in Dixie Road and Howden Boulevard area. Police say officers located a 60-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound when they arrived on scene.
The victim was transported to a trauma centre in non-life-threatening condition. He has since been released from the hospital and is recovering from his injuries.
Police say that Daniel Larizza, an 18-year-old man from Brampton, was identified as a suspect in the incident.
According to police, the suspect was arrested in Toronto on Thursday, Aug. 27 and charged with attempted murder, discharging a firearm with intent, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm and more.
Police say that the firearm was not recovered during the warrant execution.
The accused was held for a bail hearing and will soon appear in court.
The charges have not been proven in court.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to contact the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton woman identified as Hamilton murder victim
- Police searching for missing 15-year-old girl from Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24
- Arrest made and firearm seized in attempted murder investigation
- Man arrested following shooting incident in Brampton
- Police issue arrest warrant for 18-year-old in connection to shooting in Brampton
- Man Charged With Attempted Murder in Brampton
- Man Charged in Relation to Attempted Murder Case in Brampton