Tentative deal reached between EWAO and Province
The Education Workers Alliance of Ontario (EWAO) has reached a tentative collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with the provincial government.
The details of the new CBA will be made public after it becomes ratified.
"Our Government has delivered another tentative agreement with education workers that keeps students in class. This is yet another example of our Government demonstrating a reasonableness and focus on our students at the bargaining table," Stephen Lecce, Minister of Education, said in a news release.
However, this new CBA will not impact the one-day strike planned for tomorrow, which is organized by the Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation.
Peel, Halton, and Hamilton will not be affected by this latest strike, which will only impact the following school boards:
- Toronto District School Board
- Simcoe County District School Board
- Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board
- Grand Erie District School Board
- Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board
- Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board
- Near North District School Board
- Rainy River District School Board
- Trillium Lakelands District School Board
"We will continue to negotiate in good faith with a sincere hope that the other education unions will match our reasonable offerings and make students the centre of our focus," added Lecce.
- Peel District School Board Confirms Education Workers' Strike Starting Monday
- Peel District School Board Comments On CUPE Education Workers' Strike
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group
- Peel District School Board cancels upcoming programs due to weather
- Facts you never knew about Peel District School Board students in Brampton