The Bald Patches On Your Lawn Might Have an Adorable Surprise Inside
As the weather gets warmer and it starts to rain more, lawns will need to be mowed more often. However, if you see a bald patch on your lawn you might want to investigate before mowing over it.
These bald patches on lawns may very well be the cutest surprise you can find, baby bunnies!
The roofs of the nests that protect the bunnies look like a bald patch of dried grass from a distance.
Ontario Wildlife Removal Inc. says there are some steps you can take if you think a dried grass patch may be a rabbit nest. You can gently lift the roof by the sides to make sure the babies are under the patch.
Here is a video by Ontario Wildlife Removal Inc. showing what a nest looks like:
When cutting the lawn, keep a distance of at least 6 feet from the nest, and use a weed wacker to cut the remaining grass. For the safety of the bunnies, you should do your best not to bother them and keep pets and children away.
You can regularly check the nest to see when the rabbits have grown up and moved on.
Video courtesy of Ontario Wildlife Removal Inc.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- 5 Pumpkin Patches to Visit Outside of Brampton
- VIDEO: Aftermath of Conservation Area Grass Fire in Brampton
- Brampton to offer financial assistance to seniors for snow removal
- Some Brampton Citizens Eligible for Financial Assistance with Snow Removal
- Free Easter Bunny Photos Hitting Brampton This Weekend