The Beer Store is eliminating single-use plastic bags in Brampton
Today, The Beer Store announced its intention to eliminate single-use plastic bags by the new year.
Starting in January 2020, The Beer Store will no longer be using plastic bags in any locations across the province.
“This is an important step forward for The Beer Store, building on our award-winning recycling efforts that have seen over 20 billion beer containers refilled/recycled during the same time span as the more than 4 billion alcohol containers diverted from Ontario landfills since 2007, ” Ted Moroz, president of The Beer Store, said in a news release.
“Even more importantly, our customers expect us to demonstrate leadership in this area,” he continued.
While many of the packaging for items sold at The Beer Store is made from recycled material, those who require bags will be able to purchase reusable ones at all locations later this year.
“By eliminating single-use plastic bags The Beer Store continues to demonstrate environmental leadership in driving waste reduction,” Jo-Anne St. Godard, executive director of the Recycling Council of Ontario, said.
Cover photo courtesy of Instagram
- Brampton father celebrates big lotto win
- Brampton man charged in drifting and street racing investigation
- COVID-19 screening guidance for schools and child care revised in Ontario
- Brampton shooting leads to murder investigation
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 30
- These Brampton Beer Store Locations Will be Open on Boxing Day
- These Brampton Beer Store locations will be open on Labour Day
- Lawsuit Dropped After Beer Store Allegedly Overcharged Consumers
- Beer Store Prepared to Battle Doug Ford Over Beer in Corner Stores
- These Brampton Beer Store locations will be open on Civic Holiday Monday