The Canadian Accent Has Been Ranked 13th Sexiest Accent In The World
Many Canadians do not realize that we have a distinct accent. In fact, the Canadian accent was recently rated the 13th sexiest accent in the world.
Big 7 Travel, a travel content creator, has released a list of the Top 50 Sexiest Accents In The World. They polled 1.5 million readers across the world to compile the sexiest accents in 2019.
According to Big 7 Travel, there are 7,000 languages in the world and a lot more accents. Out of all these choices, Canadians ranked near the top of the list.
Big 7 Travel says that the Canadian accent is "not to be mistaken for American, Canadians speak with subtle vowels and lots of 'eh'."
Our neighbour, the United States of America, was also featured on the list. South USA was ranked ninth, Boston ranked 28th and the New York accent ranked 44th on the list.
Kiwi, the New Zealand accent, is ranked the sexiest accent with South African, Irish, Italian and Australian in the top five.
The Croatian accent is ranked the least sexiest with Romanian, Thai, Pakistani and German in the bottom five.
Many Canadians may be surprised about having the 13th sexiest accent in the world. What do you think of this ranking?
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19 for sixth day in a row
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer