The Downtown Brampton Farmers' Market Kicks Off This Weekend
Fresh produce, an array of vendors, a beautiful summer day, and more - there’s a lot that the Downtown Brampton Farmers’ Market has to offer!
It’s no surprise that the farmers’ market is one of the most highly anticipated events in Brampton. Farmers’ markets in Brampton officially kick off this weekend on Saturday June 16 at 7 a.m., and you won’t want to miss the market this year.
The Downtown Brampton Farmers’ Market is set to run every Saturday from June 16-September 1 from 7 a.m.-1 p.m. along Main Street North and South.
The 2018 farmers’ market boasts more than 75 producers, prepared goods sellers, and local artisans.
A total of 25 new vendors and seven new artists will be found in Garden Square, and 20 of them are local Brampton businesses.
Here’s a look at just some of the vendors you’ll find across the market every Saturday morning:
- Andrews Scenic Acres
- Custom Canvas Printing
- Cathy’s Kombucha
- JJ’s Buttertart & Pastry Co.
- Poutine! Dare to be Fresh
- Queen Gypsy
- Vrban Family Farm
- Wanda’s Farm & Winery
- Wicked Shortbread
You’re also guaranteed to find cracked corn, fresh preserves, and even hot dogs!
There are a few details you’ll want to note for this year’s market.
First, the market won’t operate in the event of severe weather.
Service Brampton inside City Hall will be open from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. for the duration of market season. Washrooms will also be open at City Hall.
And, free public parking is available at the five municipal parking garages in the downtown core: City Hall, West Tower, John Street, Nelson Square and Market Square
Finally - there will be road closures in effect! Main Street will be closed every Saturday from Theatre Lane to Wellington Street from 5:45 a.m.-2 p.m.
According to the City of Brampton, the marketplace attracts over 100,000 visitors over the season, so you can bet that it'll be a hotspot this year, too.
Here's the full schedule for all of Brampton's markets this year:
Downtown Market - Main St. N. and S.
- Saturdays: June 16-September 1, 2018
- 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
Downtown Harvest Market - Rosalea Park (Ken Whillans Dr. and Church St. E.)
- Saturdays: September 8-November 3, 2018
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
Mount Pleasant Village Market - 100 Commuter Dr.
- Thursdays: June 21-October 4, 2018
- 5-8 p.m.
For more info, click here.
Photo courtesy of Herman Custodio
- A Major Canadian Company Is Moving Into A Single Facility In Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Brampton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Brampton City Council Renames Park To Honour The Death Of Two-Year-Old Boy
- Severe Thunderstorm And Flood Watch Now In Effect For Brampton
- Here's When the Downtown Brampton Farmers' Market Kicks Off This Summer
- Here's What's Happening With the Downtown Brampton Farmers' Market This Year
- Farmers' Market Set to Hit Brampton
- Brampton's Last Fall Harvest Market of the Year is This Weekend
- The Downtown Brampton Farmers' Market Will Have a New Location Next Year