The Downtown Brampton Farmers' Market Will Have a New Location Next Year
With all of the development happening in downtown Brampton — like the new streetscape and the upcoming university — it’s no surprise that some of Brampton’s hottest events will need to find new spaces.
Brampton’s Farmers’ Market will indeed be moving in anticipation of all of the development. Every year, the farmers’ market takes place in downtown Brampton around Garden Square, but in 2018, the popular outdoor marketplace will be moving to Rosalea Park.
Rosalea Park isn’t too far from the market’s usual location. The park is located near Union and Nelson, near the Brampton Union St. YMCA.
“The park has recently undergone a transformation with the removal of the ball diamonds and addition of trees and benches, and we believe will be an excellent location for both our vendors and visitors,” a representative from the city told inbrampton.com
So, the park has been undergoing some upgrades of its own, and it’ll be beautified and made appropriate for the Farmers’ Market.
The Farmers’ Market typically hits Brampton mid-June and runs until early October, and it’s full of fresh produce, baked goods, prepared foods, and artisan made goods straight from the producer. This year, Brampton had its first Fall Harvest Market, which was essentially an extension of the Farmers’ Market, which ran through all of October and into the first week of November as a pilot project.
Hopefully, it’ll be back next year.
More details will arise in the coming months and, as always, we will keep you updated.
In the meantime, back to winter!
Photo courtesy of Herman Custodio
- Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: OPP Searching for Driver Who Failed to Remain on Scene of Collision on 410 in Brampton
- Top 5 Fried Chicken in Brampton
- People Can See The Northern Lights In Brampton Tonight
- Police Asking For Public's Assistance In Identifying Suspect In Firearm Investigation
- Here's What's Happening With the Downtown Brampton Farmers' Market This Year
- Here's When the Downtown Brampton Farmers' Market Kicks Off This Summer
- Farmers' Market Set to Hit Brampton
- The Downtown Brampton Farmers' Market Kicks Off This Weekend
- Brampton's Last Fall Harvest Market of the Year is This Weekend