There Is A Big Film Festival Happening In Brampton
There is a film festival happening in Mississauga and Brampton this week!
The International Film Festival of South Asia is the largest South Asian film festival in North America. It includes many events set from May 9 to the 20th, so there’s still a chance to watch some great indie films.
The film festival is in its 8th year now and has become an international icon in the South Asian film industry. This year, the festival has partnered with many big companies such as, CBC, BMO, Cineplex and more.
The aim of the International Film Festival of South Asia is to create awareness of the South Asian culture through the medium of films and music.
It showcases a selection of feature films, short films and documentaries from around the world. The films are shown in their original languages with English subtitles in an effort to build cross-cultural and cross-generational bridges.
The festival also includes gala dinners, red carpet premieres, concerts, parties, seminars and networking opportunities.
The official launch of the festival was on April 18 at the Courtyard By Marriott hotel in Brampton and at the Cineplex Cinemas located on Courtney Park in Mississauga.
There are still over 10 events and many films left to see at the festival. People can see the full schedule, here.
There will also be a closing ceremony and full symphony concert at the Rose Theatre in Brampton on May 20.
Tickets for the rest of the events are still on sale.
The festival has showcased hundreds of award-winning films while playing host to filmmakers, actors, industry professionals, and press from around the globe.
Will you be attending?
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Largest South Asian Film Festival in North America Screens Films in Brampton Next Week
- Huge Film Festival Set to Hit Brampton Soon
- An Exciting Film Festival is Coming to a Theatre Near You
- Largest South Asian Festival in Canada Returns to Peel Region This Summer
- This Brampton Filmmaker's Short Film Tells a Coming of Old Age Story Through Food