There Will be a Warming Station at the Christmas Market This Weekend
If you’re heading to Brampton’s Christmas Market this weekend but you’re worried about the cold, never fear, there will be a warming station in this slightly tucked away spot!
Brampton’s Christmas Market 2017 is coming back to downtown Brampton for its sixth year on Friday, November 17 from 4-10 p.m., Saturday, November 18 from 12-9 p.m., and Sunday, November 19 from 12-6 p.m. Brampton Events just announced that there will be a space for residents to keep warm, though, in Daily Times Square at City Hall.
There, you’ll find a cool polar bear to take pics for the ‘gram, some Muskoka chairs to sit on, heaters, and more.
There has been a chill (okay, it’s been cold!) in the air lately, and the temperature is set to drop this weekend, especially at night. What better way to get toasty but still enjoy the fun than with an outdoor warming station?
Answer: there is no other way. Unless you’re planning to escape to the shelter of a building or a restaurant (and then I must inform you that you’re cheating at the Christmas Market).
Here’s what’s happening at the market in general:
Every year, a mass of Bramptonians (and likely even people from outside the city) come out to Garden Square for the festivities, with all of the holiday-themed activities and events Brampton’s Christmas Market promises.
For the first time ever, the always popular Christmas Market is expanding. Usually, the market happens in Garden Square, but this year, the Christmas Market is expanding beyond the square to include the Conservatory and Daily Times Square at City Hall.
That’s right - part of the Christmas Market will take place indoors at City Hall Conservatory this year!
There’s set to be a free marshmallow roasting, a DJ in the Square, movies on the big screen, carollers, and even the chance to snap some pet-friendly pics with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
In terms of vendors, there will be several, including food and retail. Some of those include Gunn’s Hill Artisan Cheese, COBS bread, Say la Vee, and Tiny Tom’s Donuts.
As for those of you who plan to congregate at the warming station, Daily Times Square is located on the City Hall campus, in the courtyard outside of the conservatory, on Queen Street East.
All photos courtesy of @Brampton_Events on Twitter
- Vehicle rolls over on Brampton intersection
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Stormwater charges on this month's water bills now in effect for Brampton residents
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19
- Feds transitioning Canadians from CERB to Employment Insurance
- Massive Annual Christmas Market Set to Hit Brampton
- It's the Last Weekend of the Brampton Christmas Market
- Massive Annual Christmas Celebrations Set to Hit Brampton This Weekend
- Major Change Coming to Brampton's Holiday Market This Year
- Brampton's Last Fall Harvest Market of the Year is This Weekend