These Are the Best Places to Work in Brampton
Are you looking for a new job in Brampton?
If you are, you might be happy to hear that some of this year's best employers have locations right in your neck of the woods.
Glassdoor, a well-known job and recruiting site, recently announced the winners of its 11th annual Employees’ Choice Awards—awards that honor the best places to work in 2019 across North America and parts of Europe.
In Canada, Glassdoor has revealed the 25 Best Places to Work (this list only includes employers with 1,000 or more employees).
Glassdoor says winners are ranked based on their overall rating achieved on Glassdoor during the past year.
The top 10 Best Places to Work in Canada in 2019 are:
1. Microsoft (4.5 rating)
2. PointClickCare (4.5 rating)
3. SAP (4.4 rating)
4. Keg Restaurants (4.4 rating)
5. Ubisoft (4.4 rating)
6. Shopify (4.4 rating)
7. Randstad (4.4 rating)
8. Fortinet (4.3 rating)
9. Intact(4.3 rating)
10. Starbucks (4.3 rating)
“In today’s tight labor market, job seekers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to deciding where to work and they want to know the inner workings of a company before accepting a new job. To help people find the best jobs and the best companies, the Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards recognize employers at the top of their game,” said Dr. Andrew Chamberlain, Glassdoor Chief Economist.
“For employers, we know that a satisfied and engaged workforce helps drive financial performance. Glassdoor Best Places to Work winners are strategically investing in company culture, career growth opportunities and more, which also serves as a major recruiting advantage.”
Over the past four years, four companies have ranked among the best places to work in Canada every year: Ubisoft (No. 5, 4.4 rating); Starbucks (No. 10, 4.3 rating); Apple (No. 13, 4.3 rating); and Ceridian (No. 20, 4.3 rating). SAP, which ranked No. 3 on this year’s Canada list, is the only employer to appear on five of the 2019 best places to work lists.
10 employers are new to the Canada list in 2019: Keg Restaurants (No. 4, 4.4 rating); Randstad (No. 7, 4.4 rating); Fortinet (No. 8, 4.3 rating); Intact (No. 9, 4.3 rating); Sickkids (No. 14, 4.3 rating); Best Buy (No. 19, 4.3 rating); PwC (No. 21, 4.2 rating); Shell (No. 22, 4.2 rating); Edward Jones (No. 24, 4.2 rating); and The Home Depot (No. 25, 4.2 rating).
Among the more than 830,000 employers reviewed on Glassdoor, the average company rating is 3.4.
Employees’ Choice Award winners for the 2019 Best Places to Work in Canada are ranked using Glassdoor’s proprietary awards algorithm, and each employer’s rating is determined based on the quantity, quality and consistency of Glassdoor-approved company reviews submitted by Canada-based employees between October 23, 2017 and October 21, 2018.
Do you work for one of Canada's best companies?
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Trudeau launches student support, defends fiscal record after credit rating cut
- Here Are the Best CEOs Across Canada
- Multiple GTA-Based Companies Declared Best Places to Work in Canada
- These are the Best Places to Work in Canada
- Brampton-Based Companies Make Prestigious Best Employers List in Canada