These are the most 'walkable' cities in Canada
According to new rankings from Walk Score, a company owned by Redfin that rates cities' walkability, Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto are at the top.
Cities in which residents can complete their day-to-day tasks without a car have higher scores--a Walk Score ranking on 90 means all errands can be completed by foot, while scores between 70 and 89 indicate most errands can be completed on foot, and scores of 50 to 69 indicate some but not all errands can be completed on foot.
Toronto finished with a Walk Score of 61--good enough for the third-best score in the country.
"A lot of Toronto is connected underground, so when it gets cold in the winter, there are still ways to get around. Then there's the boardwalk, which allows people to walk across much of the city right on the waterfront," Blair Anderson, market manager for Redfin Toronto, said in a news release.
"One thing people don't always realize about Toronto is that there are lots of nature walks and trails right in the city. If it was just a concrete jungle, people wouldn't be so inclined to walk places, but since it's so beautiful, walking is appealing. Plus, city traffic is less than desirable these days, so being able to get around on foot is very advantageous,” Anderson continued.
Those interested in seeing the full list can do so here.
- A $1 million lotto ticket was sold in Brampton
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Road closures in place due to leak in Brampton
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- Ontario will need to recall defective licence plates, cabinet minister says
- Here's Where Brampton Ranks on This List of Best Cities for Public Transit
- Another Canadian City is Attempting to Lure People Away from Brampton and Surrounding Cities
- Brampton ranked in bottom five for average walk-in clinic wait times
- Top 5 Places to Take a Walk in Brampton
- Here's how to bypass wait times at walk-in clinics in Brampton