These are the Most Well-Paid City Employees in Brampton
More public servants in Ontario - including City of Brampton employees - earned six figures in 2017, marking a seven per cent increase versus a year ago.
Ontario Power Generation president and CEO Jeffrey Lyash made a whopping $1,554,456 — that’s $1.6 million bucks.
Trillium Health Partners CEO Michelle DiEmanuele raked in $660,450.
William Osler Health System president and CEO Brendan Carr earned $154,041 — which is on the low end for a hospital boss.
Sheridan College president and vice-chancellor Mary Preece made $377,999.
The annual Sunshine List was released on March 23 divulging public sector employees who earned at least $100,000.
At the municipal level, chief administrative officer Harry Schlange earned the highest salary: $321,996.
Chief operating officer Dennis Cutajar was next with $230,079.
There were 764 city staffers making more than $100,000 — roughly 256 of whom are from Brampton’s fire department.
Fire Chief Michael Clark earned $126,992 last year.
Mayor Linda Jeffrey made $110,722 and also earned money from other avenues such as the Region of Peel and the Peel police board.
Commissioners, too, made big bucks: Julian Patteson raked in $211,200 while Al Meneses and Joseph Pitushka each made $209,038.
Region of Peel employees earned big money, with 859 total — there were 739 versus 2016.
Chief medical officer of health Dr. Katherine Bingham tops the list at $207,318.
Peel Police Chief Jennifer Evans - one of 1,641 police officers on the list - made $301,970 last year.
Premier Kathleen Wynne earned $208,974 in 2017, while former Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown made $180,885. NDP leader Andrea Horwath made $158,157.
Broadcast journalist and TVO host Steve Paikin earned $303,087.
Here’s the full 2017 Sunshine List.
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 30
- Man dead following shooting along Brampton footpath
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- Brampton father celebrates big lotto win
- Here's How Much Money the Mayor and Public Sector Workers are Making in Brampton
- Chief Jennifer Evans Re-Appointed as Chief of Peel Regional Police
- Peel Police Chief Jennifer Evans Officially Retires
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- In Surprise Announcement, Peel Police Chief Jennifer Evans to Retire