These Veggie Burgers Have Come to Grocery Stores in Brampton
If you've been looking for another plant-based burger option, just in time for BBQ season, then you're in luck. A very popular veggie burger has come to Brampton - and Canada in general.
MorningStar Farms has brought their veggie burgers to Canada. These burgers are recognized as the number one veggie burger in the U.S.
The following three flavours will be available: Veggie Burgers, Spicy Black Bean Burgers, and Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers.
These burgers became available at major Canadian grocery stores at the beginning of April and are located in the freezer aisle.
The launch of these products in Canada coincides with the recent increase of Canadians eating plant-based foods.
"There’s a growing appetite for plant-based foods in Canada: the desire to eat meatless meals is up 45 per cent over the last 10 years," reads the original release.
The release also notes that more than 53 per cent of Canadians currently eat meat alternatives.
Making these products available to Canadians is something that MorningStar Farms is excited about.
“MorningStar Farms is a pioneer in plant-based foods and has been creating delicious food that nourishes a healthy mind, body and soul in the US since the 1970s,” Christine Jakovcic, VP Marketing, Kellogg Canada Inc., said in the release.
“Whatever your reason for choosing plant-based protein - whether your health, the environment, or compassion for animals - MorningStar Farms is excited to share our great taste, texture and high protein options with Canadians.”
Will you be trying these burgers?
Photo is courtesy of MorningStar Farms.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 554 new cases, 79 of those in Peel
- Maple Leaf launches new line of products that are half meat, and half plant-based products
- Do You Want To See The New McDonald's Plant Based Burger Come To Brampton?
- Wendy's becomes latest restaurant to add plant-based menu option
- A&W launching plant-based nuggets
- Tim Horton's Launches New Beyond Meat Burgers in Brampton