This Brampton Rapper’s New Song Sends A Powerful Message
The city of Brampton has no shortage of artists, creators, and curators. Haviah Mighty is one of them, and she’s using her own story as a basis for her new single.
Entitled, “In Women Colour,” Haviah Mighty uses her life ventures to create a song, in which the hard-hitting bars illustrate and reflect her experience as a black woman.
The Brampton, originally from Toronto, rapper touches on talking points such as pushing the boundaries in her prospective personal and professional endeavours, while also talking about the need to work twice as hard as a result of her intersectionality of being black and being a woman.
The first single offers a small taste of what to expect from the artist’s upcoming album, which she says is due to release in the coming months.
Are you happy to see creators from the city taking full advantage of their life experiences to be used in their art?
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 554 new cases, 79 of those in Peel