This Brampton University is Having An Open House
This past summer, Algoma University announced they were expanding their downtown campus. Algoma University is getting a new School of Business and Economics.
The expanded programming officially opened for enrolment in September 2018.
According to the City of Brampton, some 200 students have already completed their degree requirements at Algoma University’s Brampton campus and future students in Brampton and the GTHA will now get to choose from two new four-year bachelor degrees, in Business or Finance and Economics.
70 per cent of Algoma University’s Brampton campus students are from Brampton or immediately adjacent communities. The remainder are from other GTHA communities as well as students from China, India and other countries.
So where any expansion of any campus would be without an open house of sorts? Algoma announced via Twitter that there would be an open house for people to see their campus expansion:
Announcing @AlgomaU's expansion in #DowntownBrampton: https://t.co/EDXOBIjqsR— Brampton Downtown (@BramptonDowntwn) November 19, 2018
Open House @AlgomaUSchoolBE
Nov 27 | 5:30-8:30 pm
24 Queen St. E #Brampton
Congrats @AUBrampton School of Business & Economics.#AUSchoolBE #BramptonUniversity #BBA pic.twitter.com/BnOUGFjJAZ
“On January 7th we will have 50 students in this space,” said Cathy Denomme, an Associate Professor at Algoma.
The open house for the Algoma University School of Business & Economics will take place on Tuesday, November 27 from 5:30 pm to 8 pm at 24 Queen Street East in Brampton.
For more information on the open house and to RSVP, click here.
Photo courtesy of Google Maps
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- Something New is Coming to Algoma University in Brampton
- City Council To Invest Over $7 Million In Brampton University
- Ryerson, Algoma and Sheridan present medical school proposal to Brampton council
- Brampton launches new campaign to push for university campus
- New Brampton University Set to Attract More Aboriginal and War Veteran Students