This Canadian Airline is Grounding the 4 Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft
After the devastating Ethiopian Airlines crash claimed the lives of 157 people on Sunday, March 10--including a family of six from Brampton--numerous countries announced that they would be grounding the aircraft involved in the incident.
The ill-fated Ethiopian Airlines plane was the second Boeing 737 MAX 8 plane to crash in six months.
Now, the first Canadian airline has announced that it will be following in suit of several other countries and grounding its 4 Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft.
Sunwing Vacations took to social media to announce that the airline would be temporally suspending the operations of this aircraft.
"For evolving commercial reasons unrelated to safety including airspace restrictions being imposed by some of our partner destinations, Sunwing Airlines has taken the decision to temporarily suspend the operations of our 4 Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft," reads the Sunwing Vacations statement. "We are in the process of revising our flying schedule to accommodate the temporary removal of our MAX aircraft from service and we appreciate the patience of our retail partners and customers while we work to communicate these updates."
So far, other countries that have grounded the Boeing 737 MAX 8 include China, Brazil, the Cayman Islands, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Singapore, and Oman.
Do you think other Canadian airlines should follow suit?
- 5 Rides That Used to Exist at Canada's Wonderland
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: OPP Pulls Over Brampton Driving Instructor Making Illegal U-Turn On Highway
- Woman Pronounced Dead Following Domestic Violence Case In Brampton
- Police Responding to a Reported Shooting in Brampton
- Road Closures Following Collision Involving Pedestrian And Vehicle In Brampton
- Canada Decides to Ground Aircraft Involved in Ethiopian Airlines Crash
- Should Canada Ground the Aircraft that Recently Crashed in Ethiopia?
- Here's How Long Air Canada Plans to Ground the Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft
- UPDATE: Brampton Family of Six Identified as Victims of Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash
- Vigil to be Held for Brampton Family Killed in Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash