This is What Brampton is Doing to Celebrate Black History Month
February is Black History Month, and the City of Brampton has an interesting program lined up later this month. The city had already had an official event with the reading of the city’s proclamation of February as Black History Month.Two more events are coming up later this month as well.
Taste of Black History Month
On Friday, February 22 from 12 to 2 pm you can come to city hall for lunch as local vendors will be selling snacks and meals in the Conservatory for $5 or less.
Celebrate the end of Black History Month at the city's closing event on Thursday, February 28. From 4:30 to 8 pm, Brampton City Hall will come alive with dance, music, spoken word, kids' activities including face painting, and vendors. Stage presentations begin at 6 pm and light refreshments will be available."I'm proud that the City of Brampton is hosting its first public Black History Month events. On behalf of all of Council, we look forward to this opportunity to celebrate our Black African and Caribbean community, and to many future cultural celebrations," said Mayor Patrick Brown.
For more details on more Black History Month events in Brampton, click here.
Will you be going to any of them?
- Brampton Man in Trauma Centre After Shooting
- Police on Scene After Child Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Help in Relation to Brampton Shooting Investigation
- Male Victim Dies Following Shooting Incident in Brampton
- Brampton-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- This Interesting and Bold Black History Month Event is Coming to Brampton
- A Unique Black History Month Event is Coming to Brampton
- A Black History Month Marketplace is Coming to Brampton
- Celebrate Filipino Heritage Month With Delicious Treats in Brampton
- City Of Brampton Hosting This Event For The First Time