This Major Car Company is Recalling Certain Vehicles
If you drive a Toyota or a Lexus, you might want to check which model, because it may have some problems.
A number of vehicles are being recalled from the North American marketplace, as per this press release from Toyota. The recall was initiated due to issues with defective Takata airbag inflators.
This latest recall includes a certain number of the following models:
- 2010-2016 Model Year 4Runner
- 2010-2013 Model Year Corolla
- 2010-2014 Model Year Matrix
- 2011-2014 Model Year Sienna
- 2010-2015 Model Year Scion XB
- 2010-2012 Model Year Lexus ES 350
- 2010-2017 Model Year Lexus GX 460
- 2010-2015 Model Year Lexus IS 250C
- 2010-2015 Model Year Lexus IS 350C
- 2010-2013 Model Year Lexus IS 250
- 2010-2013 Model Year Lexus IS 350
- 2010-2014 Model Year Lexus IS-F vehicles.
Approximately 376,282 of these vehicles are in Canada.
In layman’s terms, there’s a chemical in the airbags that allows them to inflate, but prolonged exposure to hot or cold temperatures can deteriorte the chemical over time.
“If a defective airbag inflator ruptures, it may cause sharp metal fragments to pass through the airbag and spray directly at the driver and passengers, increasing the risk of serious injury or death,” the statement reads.
Depending on the vehicle model, Toyota and Lexus dealers will replace either the front passenger airbag inflator or airbag assembly at no cost to owners. Known owners of all involved vehicles will receive notification by first class mail by March 2019.
- Should Brampton Civic Follow This Hospital's Model for Shorter Wait Times?
- Thousands of Hyundai and Kia Vehicles Recalled for Possible Engine Failure
- Major Car Company Recalling 240,000 Potentially Dangerous Vehicles
- OPP Seeing Four-Year High in Deaths Linked to Crashes
- 5 New Year's Eve Parties to Check Out in Brampton This Year