This Major Drugstore Will Sell Marijuana in Brampton
With marijuana legalization just around the corner, a ton of developments are happening ahead of the official new ruling.
Now, one pharmacy giant has received approval from Health Canada to distribute medical marijuana.
Shoppers Drug Mart will officially be able to dispense medical cannabis to patients, according to The Canadian Press.
Marijuana will be legal across the country in about a month, on October 17, 2018.
Companies and residents have had mixed opinions on the legalization.
In Shoppers Drug Mart’s case, the company applied to Health Canada to be a licensed medical marijuana distributor in October 2016.
According to The Canadian Press, Health Canada’s regulations for medical marijuana currently read that licensed producers can only distribute pot via mail order to patients.
And a cannabis sales licence from Health Canada is required.
The pharmacy giant won’t be producing medical cannabis, though.
Aurora Cannabis, Aphria Inc., MedReleaf Corp. and Tilray Inc., are on board to supply Shoppers with the substance.
According to the Canadian Pharmacists Association, pharmacies should play a leading role in the distribution of medical marijuana.
So with that in mind, Shoppers may indeed be on the right track.
Several rules have already surfaced about marijuana legalization. You might want to keep in mind that once it's legal, you can only use recreational cannabis in a private residence, including the outdoor space of a home. Recreational cannabis use will not be allowed in any public spaces, workplaces or motorized vehicles, says the province.
New road safety laws are also in the works with some serious penalties for anyone driving under the influence of cannabis and other drugs.
What do you think of Shoppers Drug Mart dispensing medical marijuana?
- Popular ISP Launches New Cheap TV Service Across Ontario
- PHOTOS: A Slew Of Luxurious Townhomes Are Under Construction In Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Peel Police 'Can't Believe' They Have to Tell Brampton Residents Not to Car Surf
- Another Major Retailer Set to Distribute Marijuana in Brampton and Beyond
- Marijuana Legalization Could Be Delayed Across Canada
- Major Lifestyle Store Now Selling Cannabis Online
- It’s Official: Canadian Government Approves Cannabis Legalization
- Province Asks for Public Feedback on Federal Plan to Legalize Marijuana