This New Development May Bring Jobs to Brampton
As that old saying goes…when one door closes, another one opens.
This week it was revealed that Brampton is losing a major employer when Maple Leaf Foods announced this week they were closing down their Brampton plant as they start constructing one in London next year.
But even though chicken may be leaving the proverbial roost in Brampton, residents may have gotten a new lifeline for the local economy. A development project for a new facility has begun with the beginning of the early stages of demolition.
Kurtis Samchee, an Associate Strategist with MGI, confirmed in an email to inbrampton.com that the project is located in the area of Highway 410 and Steeles Avenue.Although not able to confirm the number of jobs the project is bringing, with a project this size, the potential is there for a resulting increase in a significant number of jobs coming to Brampton.
Here are some additional pictures of the current construction.What do you think of the possibility of new jobs coming to Brampton?
Editor’s Note: After the initial publication of this story, inbrampton.com was notified that the project is still in the works and may not proceed as originally indicated. There will be an update on this story down the road.
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Dead in Brampton
- Man Wanted for Attempted Murder and Firearms Offences in Brampton
- Vigil To Be Held In Brampton For Slain 11-Year-Old Girl
- Power Out for Thousands of Brampton Residents
- People Complain About Amber Alert Following Death of 11-Year-Old Girl
- Federal Government Gives More Money for Major Development Project in Brampton
- Province is Bringing Back Massive Highway Project Going through Brampton
- Construction Project Causing Delays on Major Road in Brampton
- Hundreds of New Jobs Coming to Brampton
- Here's Who Will Be Moving Into a New Affordable Housing Project in Brampton