This Popular TV Series is Being Filmed in Brampton
Inbrampton.com previously mentioned a number of movies and TV shows that were filmed in Brampton, and given how the Toronto area has become somewhat of a hotspot for film and television production, it’s probably not that big of a surprise.
Which is why another interesting TV series is going to be shot in this city, as stated in this notice.“What We Do in the Shadows” is a mockumentary horror comedy series about a group of vampires who live together in a mansion on Staten Island in New York (think Big Brother with undead creatures of the night).
The series is written, directed by, and starring Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi. Below is the trailer for the original series released back in 2015.
Filming for the North American version began this October and will last until December of 2018. They will be conducting this filming in various indoor and outdoor locations around Main and Queen Street from Sunday, November 25 to around Tuesday November 27.
The production vehicle and various film equipment will be located in the following areas:
Main Street N. east side and west side between Queen St. E. and Theatre Lane.
Queen Street W. north side between Main St N. and George St. N.
George St. N east side between Queen St. W and Diplock Lane.
John Street south side between Main St. N and Chapel Street.
Parking lot on George St N. on the west side of Nelson Parking Garage.
On top of that, a stunt scene will be conducted on Main between Mcarter and McKinney Lane, so there will be a lift position set up in the area.
So while it may be exciting to hear another accolade that this city can put under her belt as a destination for film and television production, for the time being it may be best to avoid downtown Brampton these coming few days.
What do you think of having this interesting and unique show being shot in Brampton?
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- Queen Street and Main Street in Brampton closed due to construction
- Street Parking Closures in Major Area of Brampton Soon
- An Emmy Award-Winning Series Was Just Filmed In Brampton
- A Popular Recently Released Television Series Was Filmed in Brampton
- City Considering Multiple Proposals for Brampton's LRT Extension on Main Street