This Severe Weather Watch is in Effect for Brampton
If you were also working outside all morning, you might want to enjoy the heat before it’s time to head indoors.
Environment and Climate Change Canada has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills.
"Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts," reads the watch issued at 10:54 a.m. Monday.
"Conditions will become favourable for severe thunderstorms to develop this afternoon as a cold front moves through."
The main threat: damaging wind gusts of 100 km/h plus “torrential downpours giving 25 to 50 mm of rain in under an hour.”
Large hail can damage property and cause injury.
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles.
Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes.
Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.
Life hack: When thunder roars, go indoors!
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Brampton Woman Arrested After Crashing Pick Up Truck into Tree
- Ice Cream Sandwiches and Other Food Products Being Recalled
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- City Congratulates Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown on Birth of His First Son