Three Brampton Men Facing Charges in Connection with Human Trafficking Investigation
A human trafficking investigation has lead to the arrests of three Brampton men in the Niagara area.
Niagara police report that in August 2017, officers concluded an investigation into a human trafficking allegation. As a result of that investigation, an arrest warrant was sought for a 20-year-old Brampton man.
Police report that on Sept. 19, officers spotted the suspect. According to police, he was the passenger in a motor vehicle that was traveling along Lundys Lane in Niagara Falls. Police say the suspect fled on foot after officers confronted him in a restaurant parking lot.
He was arrested following a brief chase.
Police say the subsequent investigation led to the arrest of two additional males and the seizure of a quantity of drugs.
Police say 20-year-old Sicetus Akhinagba has been charged with numerous offenses related to trafficking an underage victim, along with uttering threats, forcible confinement and other drug related offences.
Police also charged 19-year-old Brampton man Ismael Ajiroba and 21-year-old Brampton man Travis Niens. Both men have been charged with drug-related offenses.
All three accused were held for a bail hearing.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- All lanes closed on a major highway in Brampton
- Major phone scam affecting Brampton; residents warned not to call back
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Brampton Woman Charged in Connection With Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Man Wanted in Connection with Human Trafficking Offences
- Brampton Man Arrested In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation In London
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in GTA