Three Brampton Teens Arrested Following Robbery With Replica Assault Rifle
Three Brampton youths have been charged in connection with a commercial robbery that took place in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Friday, March 16 at approximately 8:45 p.m., three male suspects entered a commercial store in the Bristol Road East and Hurontario Street area.
According to police, the suspects had their faces concealed and were armed with an assault rifle and a large kitchen knife. Police allege the suspects pointed the rifle at the sales clerk and demanded they open the safe.
Police say the suspects fled in a stolen vehicle with a total of 89 iPhones and Canadian currency.
The victim was not injured.
On Saturday, March 17, officers executed a residential search warrant in the Trailview Lane and Cedargrove Road area in the City of Bolton.
During the search, police say they seized the 89 assorted iPhones and a replica AK-47 airsoft rifle. Officers also allege they recovered the knife used during the robbery, as well as clothing worn at the time of the incident.
Police say that, during the execution of the search warrant, officers encountered an aggressive dog that had to be put down for "officer safety reasons."
Police say the stolen vehicle was also recovered and that the total value of property recovered was in excess of $100,000.
Police say two 17 year-old males and one 16-year-old male are facing charges in connection with the incident. All three youths are from Brampton.
Police say the accused have been charged with robbery, using an imitation firearm, possession of stolen property, breach of probation and more.
All three males were released and will appear in court in April.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact Central Robbery Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3410.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- All lanes closed on a major highway in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Major phone scam affecting Brampton; residents warned not to call back
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest Female In Connection To Gun Point Robbery At Brampton Store
- Police Hunting for Suspects After Commercial Robbery in Brampton
- Suspects Charged in Brampton Robbery Investigation
- Two youths arrested in relation to Brampton robbery
- Police Hunting for Pharmacy Robbery Suspects in Brampton