Three charged after traffic stop leads to drug seizure in Brampton
Police have charged three men with drug trafficking related offences after a traffic-stop in Brampton.
On Saturday, July 25, at approximately 8:42 p.m., uniform officers conducted a traffic stop in the parking lot of a hotel in the area of Steelwell Road and Tomken Road.
“The occupants were investigated in relation to an offence under the Liquor Licence Act. During their investigation, officers located a bag containing a large quantity of illicit drugs,” said police.
In total, officers reportedly located over nine ounces of Fentanyl and almost six ounces of Cocaine. The estimated street value of these drugs is in excess of $94,000.
Three people were charged with Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking x2 and a liquor licence offence:
- Malcolm Heptbourne, a 25-year-old man from Leamington
- Charlie Okhuereigbe, a 25-year-old man from Toronto
- Emmanuel Bounar, a 25-year-old man from Toronto
All three men were held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Sunday, July 26.
Photo: Peel Police handout
- Woman found in Brampton garage in life-threatening condition
- Unconscious male in Brampton located with no vital signs, police say
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- UPDATE: Woman pronounced dead after being found with life-threatening injuries
- Why anyone who deferred mortgage payments should check their credit score
- Firearm and drugs seized in Brampton traffic stop
- Brampton Woman Charged in Connection With Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Suspect From Brampton Facing Charges in Relation to Massive Drug Trafficking Incident
- Suspended driver allegedly caught with firearm during traffic stop in Brampton
- Traffic Stop Leads to Arrest for Drugs and Break-in Instruments