Three Males Charged After 16 Year Old Kidnapped at Gunpoint in Brampton
Three males are charged with numerous offences following a recent kidnapping incident in Brampton.
The incident happened at approximately 5:30 p.m. on Friday, September 21 at the Brampton Soccer Centre at Sandalwood Parkway and Dixie.
Police say the victim, a 16 year old male, was approached by three males and forced into a vehicle at gunpoint. He then had his cellphone stolen, police report.
The victim reportedly attempted to run away but was unable to and was assaulted by the three males.
Police allege he was then driven to his residence, where witnesses interrupted the offence. The males then fled the area in their vehicle.
The victim did not sustain any injuries, police say.
At 7:48 p.m. the same day, police located and arrested the three males. Tej Boparai, 20, a 17 year old male from Richmond Hill, and a 16 year old male from Scarborough are charged with the following offences:
- Imitation Firearm - Use While Committing Offence
- Kidnapping with the Intent to Cause a Person to be Confined or Imprisoned
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Assault with a weapon
All three appeared at court for a bail hearing on Saturday, September 22.
Anyone with further information regarding this incident is asked to call police at 905-453-2121, ext. 2133.
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- Car rental company established in 1918 files for bankruptcy due to COVID-19
- Why is Bramalea Divided into Letter Sections?
- Province to release detailed testing strategy, urges all residents who want a test to get tested
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Police Seize Firearms, Arrest Two Males in Brampton
- Three Males Arrested Following Vehicle Theft in Brampton
- Police Arrest Two Males in Multiple Carjacking Incidents in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest 15-Year-Old Following Carjacking Incident In Brampton
- Two Brampton Males Facing Charges After Police Find Gun in Vehicle