Three People Dead, Young Girl Seriously Injured in Brampton Fire
Three people are dead and a young girl is in a trauma unit following a fire in Brampton early Tuesday.
“The three appear to be all adults,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Mark Fischer.
Emergency crews responded to a call at 4:10 a.m. on Madison St., near Dixie Rd. and North Park Dr.
The adults were pronounced dead on scene.
“We can’t confirm what the relationship between the deceased are,” Fischer said.
Police are also working on verifying their identification.
Brampton Fire Chief Michael Clark said a basement tenant rescued the girl, who was trapped on the main floor.
Investigators say there’s nothing to initially indicate the blaze is suspicious, adding it’s too early to confirm.
The girl, believed to be under age 10, is at SickKids Hospital.
The coroner and the Office of the Fire Marshal of Ontario have been called in to investigate.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Two pedestrians hospitalized after being struck by vehicle in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- Cause Determined for Fire that Killed Three and Injured One In Brampton
- Brampton Fire Sends Seven People to Hospital
- Emergency Crews Called to Scene of House Fire in Brampton
- Emergency Crews Responding to Basement Fire in Brampton
- No Working Smoke Detectors in Home Where Three Family Members Perished