Three People Dead, Young Girl Seriously Injured in Brampton Fire
Three people are dead and a young girl is in a trauma unit following a fire in Brampton early Tuesday.
“The three appear to be all adults,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Mark Fischer.
Emergency crews responded to a call at 4:10 a.m. on Madison St., near Dixie Rd. and North Park Dr.
The adults were pronounced dead on scene.
“We can’t confirm what the relationship between the deceased are,” Fischer said.
Police are also working on verifying their identification.
Brampton Fire Chief Michael Clark said a basement tenant rescued the girl, who was trapped on the main floor.
Investigators say there’s nothing to initially indicate the blaze is suspicious, adding it’s too early to confirm.
The girl, believed to be under age 10, is at SickKids Hospital.
The coroner and the Office of the Fire Marshal of Ontario have been called in to investigate.
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Ontario reports 491 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase in months
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Despite fewer drivers on the road, Canadian auto insurance rates increase during second quarter of 2020