Three Teens Charged in Attempted Robbery in Brampton
Police report that on Saturday, Jan. 21 at approximately 3:00 p.m., officers were called to the Queen Street and Airport Road area to investigate reports of three males armed with knives. The youths were seen at the rear of a retail complex in masks and gloves.
Upon arrival, officers located all three suspects and arrested them. Further investigation revealed that the teens were planning to rob a convenience store.
A 16 year-old male young offender from Brampton has been charged with possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, attempting to commit an indictable offence, possession property obtained by crime and two counts of failing to comply with recognizance.
A 15 year-old male young offender from Brampton has also been charged with the same offenses and a third 15 year-old male young offender from Brampton has been charged with attempt to commit an indictable offence.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to contact investigators at the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, Ext. 2133. Anonymous information may also be submitted to Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Police Arrest Young Offender in Connection with Murder of Brampton Teen
- Two Men Charged With Possession of a Firearm in Brampton
- Two Brampton Men Arrested in Connection with Stolen Vehicles and Drug Possession
- 18 year old Brampton male arrested after armed robbery in Mississauga
- Young Brampton Male Arrested in Relation to Murder in Hamilton