Thunderstorm watch in effect for Brampton
A thunderstorm watch is in effect for Brampton.
According to Environment Canada, a line of severe thunderstorms over Southwestern Ontario may reach the GTA later this evening.
Residents can expect damaging wind gusts of up to 100 km/h, which could cause power outages. Torrential downpours are also likely, and large hail is a possibility.
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles.
Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Lightning can kill and injure, while hail can cause injuries and damage property--residents are advised to take cover if threatening weather, including thunder, approaches.
Those who wish to report severe weather may do so by emailing ONstorm [at] canada [dot] ca or tweeting reports using #ONStorm.
- What you need to know about Brampton's new mandatory mask bylaw
- Brampton's new campaign to provide free face masks to families
- Brampton considered 'risk area' for Lyme disease
- Business owners on their own when it comes to mask bylaw enforcement
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl from Brampton