Thunderstorms And Heavy Rain In Store For Brampton
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Burlington, Oakville, Halton Hills, and Milton for this evening.
Isolated thunderstorms and strong gusty winds of up to 80 km/h are in the works, with several rounds of showers of up to 10 mm predicated to move through the area.
However, isolated thunderstorms may boost local rainfall totals to 15 to 25 mm late this evening.
Localized ponding on streets and other low lying areas is possible, and caution should be exercised in the case of loose objects being tossed by the wind which could cause injury or damage.
Further alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada can be found here.
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton
- TekSavvy files complaint against Rogers and Bell
- Scheduled school strikes suspended this week in Brampton
- Brampton man arrested after catalytic converters cut out from vehicles