Top 5 Places to Work Remotely From in Brampton
With more people working remotely, local businesses have adapted the mindset of being an "office friendly" environment.
If you're in Brampton, lucky for you, we've found the top 5 places you can work from (in no particular order), without compromising your Wi-Fi connection.
5) A Restaurant or Cafe
While these places might be a little busier, they’re great for workers who don’t mind—or even like—a little white noise. if you want to work while enjoying a really tasty meal, you can break out your laptop and connect to complimentary Wi-Fi at J. Red & Co, August 8 and Jake’s Boathouse. If you prefer to work in a cafe, chain coffee shops Coffee Culture and William’s Fresh Cafe offer food, comfy seating and Wi-Fi. If you prefer to support more independent gems, you can toil away at Sweet Breeze Cafe and the popular downtown hotspot T by Daniel.
Remember, if you’re using a restaurant or cafe’s Wi-Fi, it is poor form to occupy a table for hours if you’re only going to order one small coffee or tea—and it’s even worse if you’re going to stick to tap water. Be courteous to the establishment and order a meal (if you’re at a restaurant) and coffee and snacks (pastries, sandwiches, etc) if you’re at a cafe.
4) Brampton Library - Four Corners Branch (65 Queen Street E.)
Four Corners library is a part of Brampton's heritage and is located in the heart of the city. This library has two floors, offers free Wi-Fi and has a stellar graphic novel collection. This library in particular is quieter compared to other libraries in Brampton. Meeting and study rooms are also available if you'd like to have some private space with a group of people- however in order to rent the room exclusively, you have to pay a small fee. You are also welcome to share the study room with other individuals at no cost if the room is not exclusively booked.
3) Donald M. Gordon Chinguacousy Park (9050 Bramalea Road)
For those of you looking for a great view while getting some reading or work done, Chinguacousy Park is a wonderful place to visit. They have free Wi-Fi available in all of their buildings and a gorgeous pavilion overlooking north pond with concession area and room with a fireplace. The community center also has several sports facilities and leisure opportunities available to the public.
2) Gore Meadows Community Centre & Library (10150 The Gore Road)
Gore Meadows Community Center & Library has been undergoing renovations and has a new state of the art facility. The library and community center is now available to the public, and both spaces are ideal for work, study and leisure purposes. Inspired by the agricultural and natural landscape, the community center has a large open green space with a refreshing view of the community centre's soccer field. The library and community center offers free Wi-Fi, and there is a snack bar in the community centre where you can purchase coffee, treats, shakes and more.
If you want to work among your peers, this is probably the most ideal spot. Since 2014, LAB B, which is located at the Old Mill Building in downtown Brampton, has been working to support and help entrepreneurs (both creative and technical) within the city. At its core, it functions as a community hub where creative people, freelancers and entrepreneurs come together and innovate.
The organization has worked with members in the community to kick start 21 businesses and 14 grassroots groups since its inception. It is coming off a landmark 2016, as it was awarded a $300,000 investment, courtesy of the Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Youth Opportunities Fund. The money has gone towards various community initiatives.
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- Massive Gore Meadows Community Centre and Library Expansion Delayed
- State of the Art Library and Community Centre Opening Soon in Brampton
- PHOTOS: A Sneak Peek Inside Gore Meadows Community Centre Phase 2
- Here's What's Happening With the Gore Meadows Community Centre Expansion
- Brampton Fires Contractor After Major Community Centre Expansion Delays