Toronto Couple Charged Following Jewellery Theft in Brampton
A Toronto couple is facing charges in connection with a jewellery theft investigation in Brampton.
Peel police say that on April 8 at 3:39 p.m., two suspects entered a jewellery store inside of Shoppers World.
Police allege the female suspect proceeded to distract the employees while the male suspect reached over the counter to access a secure case and remove a number of jewellery pieces.
Police say both suspects left the store before employees noticed the theft.
The total value of items stolen is $25,000.
Police say that on June 5, 50-year-old Paul Dixon and 46-year-old Tammy Berkel were arrested and charged with theft Over $5000.
The accused are both set to appear in court in July.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233.
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Dead in Brampton
- Power Out for Thousands of Brampton Residents
- People Complain About Amber Alert Following Death of 11-Year-Old Girl
- UPDATE: Man Charged with First Degree Murder of 11 Year Old Daughter
- Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown Issues Statement Following Death of 11 Year Old Girl
- Police Seeking Suspects of $25,000 Jewelry Theft in Brampton
- Police Searching for Suspect of Jewelry Store Theft in Brampton
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect
- Two Mississauga Men Arrested in Connection with Major Brampton Theft
- Police Arrest Brampton Resident for Purse Theft in Halton