Traffic Stop Leads to Arrest for Drugs and Break-in Instruments
Peel Regional Police reported that a traffic stop has led to drug charges and charges for the possession of break-in instruments.
On May 31, 2017, officers from the 21 Division Neighbourhood Policing Unit conducted a traffic stop in the area of Redstone Road in the Mississauga.
Subsequently, police arrested one Mississauga man and two Brampton men with variations of possession of cocaine, heroin, break-in instruments, and an automobile master key, and failing to comply.
Police arrested 41-year-old Parminder Couhan of Mississauga, 30-year-old Baljeet Bhandal of Brampton, and 28-year-old Gurpreet Atwal of Brampton. All three males occupied the vehicle.
Parminder Couhan, 41, from Mississauga was charged with possession for the purpose - cocaine, possession for the purpose - heroin, possession of break-in instruments, and possession of an automobile master key.
Baljeet Bhandal, 30, from Brampton, and Gurpreet Atwal, 28, also from Brampton, were charged with possession for the purpose - heroin, possession of break-in instruments, possession of an automobile master key, and failing to comply with recognizance.
Aside from the quantity of drugs found in the car, the search of the vehicle revealed a total of 10 cell phones throughout the vehicle, there were 11 keys believed to be master keys for vehicles, and a quantity of tools used for the purpose of breaking and entering.
The three men were released on a promise to apear and undertaking with their first court date on June 29, 2017 at the courthouse in Brampton.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to call the Neighbourhood Policing unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2109. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- COVID-19 hits more schools amid growing fears of pandemic’s second wave
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- Two Men Charged With Possession of a Firearm in Brampton
- Two Brampton Men Arrested in Connection with Stolen Vehicles and Drug Possession
- OPP Arrest 39-Year-Old Brampton Resident With Possession Of Illegal Drug
- Brampton Man Arrested for Gun Possession Following Traffic Stop