Twelve firearms seized after shooting in Brampton
Police say they’ve made two arrests and seized 12 firearms following a recent shooting in Brampton.
At 11:07 p.m. on Thursday, July 2, police responded to reports of possible gunshots fired in the area of Hoskins Square near Dixie and Queen Street.
“While present, officers on the scene could hear further gunshots being fired and were able to identify the residence that the shots were coming from,” police said.
“Communication was established with the occupants of the residence, and two men later exited the home and were placed under arrest for Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose.”
On Friday, July 3, officers conducting a search warrant at a residence on Hoskins Square allegedly seized 12 long guns and a quantity of ammunition.
63 year old Brampton man Luis Pereira has been charged with Careless Use of a Firearm, Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, and Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized.
He appeared in court on Friday to answer to these charges.
“After investigation, the second man from the residence was released without charges,” police said.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
Photo: Peel Police handout
- Drugs, firearms, and over 1,000 rounds of ammunition seized from Brampton residence: Police
- Two arrested and firearms seized after shooting in Brampton
- Arrest made and firearm seized in attempted murder investigation
- Two Men Charged With Possession of a Firearm in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged After Guns Seized by Police