Two Brampton Males Facing Charges After Police Find Gun in Vehicle
Four men, including two Brampton residents, are facing charges in connection with the discovery of a firearm during a traffic stop in Mississauga.
On Wednesday, March 15 at 4:27 a.m., police pulled a vehicle over in the Webb Drive and Duke of York Blvd. area. Police say that during the traffic stop, further investigation revealed that the occupants of the vehicle had a loaded 9mm handgun.
Police say the handgun also contained an illegal magazine capable of holding up to 30 rounds of ammunition.
Four men, including a 17-year-old Brampton teen, have been charged with numerous firearm offenses. The other men charged include 23-year-old Brampton man Jaquille Penny, 20-year-old Waterloo man Kalu Solomon and 18-year-old Toronto man Shayne Anthony Reid.
All parties were held for a bail hearing. The young offender appeared court on March 15 and the three adults appeared on, March 16.
Anyone who may have any information pertaining to this matter may call the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl from Brampton
- Milton murder victim identified as Brampton teenager
- Brampton councillor proposing park name change to honour abolitionists
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year
- First responders attending to house fire in Brampton
- Man Facing Charges After Loaded Gun Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Two Suspects Charged After Firearm Recovered During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Firearm Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun, Drugs, and Cash Following Traffic Stop in Oakville
- Brampton residents facing charges after police seize drugs, handgun and ammunition