Two Brampton Men Arrested Following Drug Incident in Halton
Two Brampton men have been arrested following a drug incident in Halton.
Earlier this month, the Halton Regional Police Drug and Human Trafficking Unit commenced an investigation into the trafficking of cocaine in the Town of Acton.
Now, according to police, on Feb. 19, 2019, investigators have arrested two men after observing them on a shoplifting crime spree and conducting 'drug transactions' in the town.
A controlled drugs and substances act search warrant was executed at an address in Brampton where there was evidence of cooking crack cocaine.
The first suspect has been identified by police as Wayne Powell, a 33-year-old from Brampton. According to police, the accused is facing the following alleged charges: possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking, theft under $5,000, possession of property obtained by crime, and fail to comply with recognizance.
The second suspect has been identified by police as Shane Urbanavicius, a 23-year-old from Brampton. The accused, according to police, is facing the following alleged charges: theft under $5,000, and possession of property obtained by crime.
Anyone who may have additional information regarding this incident is asked to contact Acting Detective Sergeant Dan Ciardullo of the Drug and Human Trafficking Unit at 905-825-4747 extension 8723.
Anyone with information related to guns, drugs or other criminal activity with Halton Region are encouraged to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477), or by visiting Crime Stoppers online (www.haltoncrimestoppers.com).
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Ottawa sets minimum unemployment rate at 13.1 per cent for EI calculation
- Suspect From Brampton Facing Charges in Relation to Massive Drug Trafficking Incident
- Two men arrested for trafficking; fentanyl, meth, cocaine seized: Halton police
- Brampton man arrested in drug trafficking investigation
- Police Arrest Three Men for Drug Trafficking in Brampton Bar
- Brampton Residents Charged in Drug Trafficking Investigation