Two Brampton Men Arrested in Drug Trafficking Investigation
Three people, including two Brampton males, have been arrested by police in a drug trafficking investigation.
The investigation, which began in June 2018, involved several search warrants being executed at addresses in Brampton and Caledon.
Police say the following drugs were seized:
- Fentanyl - 1136.5 grams (street value of $284,125.00)
- Crack Cocaine - 186.8 grams (street value of $18,680.00)
- Cocaine - 28 grams (street value of $2800.00)
- OxyContin - 25 pills (street value of $2500.00)
The total value of drugs seized comes up to $308,105.00.
Police have arrested three males who allegedly have ties to organized crime:
- Akram Ibrahim, 28, from Brampton; charged with 3 drug related offences
- Christopher Singh, 20, from Brampton; charged with 12 drug related offences
- Graham Fraser, 29, from Fergus; charged with 1 drug related offence
Police warn residents purchasing illegal drugs that these drugs may contain lethal amounts of fentanyl and/or carfentanyl, substances which can pose serious health risks.
Police have similarly made arrests involving heroin and cocaine that were combined with fentanyl/carfentanyl and sold to unsuspecting customers.
“This seizure of Fentanyl is substantial and its removal from our community demonstrates the commitment that the Vice, Narcotic and Street Level Organized Crime Unit has to proactively investigating public safety matters,” the police report reads.
“Public safety is one of our primary concerns and we will continue to vigorously investigate matters involving illicit drugs.”
Anyone with further information related to this investigation can contact police at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3515.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton raid part of large fentanyl bust
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 28
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Two men arrested for trafficking; fentanyl, meth, cocaine seized: Halton police
- Three Brampton Residents Arrested in Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Brampton man arrested in drug trafficking investigation
- Drugs and Guns Seized Following Major Drug Bust in the GTA
- Brampton Woman Charged in Connection With Drug Trafficking Investigation