Two Brampton Men Facing Charges in Connection with Nightclub Shooting
Two Brampton men have been charged following a nightclub shooting.
Five people in total, including two from Mississauga, are facing a total of 49 charges in connection with a shooting incident at the Thorold, Ont.-based L8 nightclub last fall.
Niagara police allege the shooting, which occurred in the early morning hours of Sept. 3, left five people with serious injuries.
Police say that on Feb. 28, members of the Niagara Regional Police Service—with the assistance of the Peel Regional Police, Toronto Police Service, Ottawa Police Service and the Provincial Weapons Enforcement Unit—executed three search warrants in the GTA following a six month investigation.
Police say 31-year-old Brampton man Jeremy Chambers, 26-year-old Mississauga man Jermaine Chapman, 21-year-old Scarborough man Shammar Miron, 28-year-old Mississauga man Junior Chapman and 22-year-old Brampton man Justice Marshall have been arrested in connection with the incident.
The suspects are facing a range of firearm, aggravated assault and breach of recognizance charges.
“These arrests are the culmination of a lengthy investigation and the cooperation with a number of our police partners. This sends a strong message that violence will not be tolerated in our community and those who choose to perpetrate such acts will be found and prosecuted. I am extremely proud of the relentless investigation our officers undertook in bringing this incident to a conclusion” said Niagara Regional Police Chief Bryan MacCulloch.
The charges have not been proven in court.
The accused were held in custody pending a bail hearing on Feb. 28.
- Significant snowfall in the forecast for Brampton this winter
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Geese play chicken on Brampton road
- Brampton man charged after four pedestrians struck in multi-vehicle crash
- 96 year old Brampton man charged with two counts of sexual assault
- Brampton school under hold and secure as police investigate threats
- Brampton Woman Facing Charges in Connection With Shooting Death of Mississauga Man
- Peel Police Employee Facing Charges Following Investigation
- Peel Police Officer Facing Weapons Charges
- Police Offering Massive Reward in Brampton Nightclub Fatal Shooting Investigation
- Three Brampton Men Facing Charges in Connection with Human Trafficking Investigation