Two Brampton Residents Charged After Gun and Drugs Seized in Peterborough
A man and woman from Brampton were recently charged after Peterborough police found a gun and drugs in their vehicle during a traffic stop at a gas station.
According to Peterborough police, officers seized a loaded handgun, ammunition, cocaine and heroin from the suspects' vehicle. Police said that the vehicle was stopped at the east end gas station on March 1 as part of an ongoing investigation.
Three people were arrested in connection with the incident, but only two are facing charges.
Police have charged 32-year-old Brampton man Jagjit Gill with multiple offences, including possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm, carrying concealed weapon and more.
Police also charged 18-year-old Brampton woman Tirath Odea with possession of a schedule II substance (marijuana) and fail to comply.
Gill was held in custody for bail court on March 2 and Odea was released on a promise to appear in court on March 23.
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- Man dead following shooting along Brampton footpath
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Brampton Man Charged After Gun, Drugs Seized by Police
- Two Men Charged With Possession of a Firearm in Brampton
- OPP Arrest 39-Year-Old Brampton Resident With Possession Of Illegal Drug
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Brampton Man Charged After Police Seize Loaded Handguns and Drugs