Two Brampton Residents Charged After Gun and Drugs Seized in Peterborough
A man and woman from Brampton were recently charged after Peterborough police found a gun and drugs in their vehicle during a traffic stop at a gas station.
According to Peterborough police, officers seized a loaded handgun, ammunition, cocaine and heroin from the suspects' vehicle. Police said that the vehicle was stopped at the east end gas station on March 1 as part of an ongoing investigation.
Three people were arrested in connection with the incident, but only two are facing charges.
Police have charged 32-year-old Brampton man Jagjit Gill with multiple offences, including possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm, carrying concealed weapon and more.
Police also charged 18-year-old Brampton woman Tirath Odea with possession of a schedule II substance (marijuana) and fail to comply.
Gill was held in custody for bail court on March 2 and Odea was released on a promise to appear in court on March 23.
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Brampton Man Charged After Gun, Drugs Seized by Police
- Two Men Charged With Possession of a Firearm in Brampton
- OPP Arrest 39-Year-Old Brampton Resident With Possession Of Illegal Drug
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Brampton Man Charged After Police Seize Loaded Handguns and Drugs