Two Brampton Schools in Hold and Secure Following Reported Bank Robbery
Two schools are under hold and secure following reports of a bank robbery in Brampton.
Peel police say K9 and tactical units are the Chinguacousy and Sandalwood area.
A call regarding the incident came in at 9:45 a.m.
Police are looking for one suspect who is described as a black male with a medium build who was last seen wearing a black t-shirt, black pants and a hat.
Police say a weapon was seen and that the suspect fled with an unknown amount of cash.
Hold and secures are in effect at Fletchers Meadow Public School and St. Edmund Campion Catholic Secondary School.
No injuries have been reported at this time.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
UPDATE: Police said that additional schools were also placed under hold and secure, such as Edenbrook Hill, St. Angela Merici and Nelson Mandela.
All hold and secures have since been lifted.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Province freezing rent for residential tenants in 2021
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run
- Multiple Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Bank Robbery in Brampton
- Police put Brampton schools in hold and secure after robbery
- Two schools under hold and secure following bank robbery in Brampton
- Six schools under hold and secure as police search for suspect in Brampton
- School in Hold and Secure Following Bank Robbery in Brampton