Two Dead Following Alleged Stabbing in Brampton
Two people have been pronounced dead following an alleged stabbing that occurred in Brampton. The province's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is currently investigating this incident.
According to the SIU, at approximately 11:20 p.m. yesterday (May 1, 2019) Peel Police attended a residence on Quarry Edge Drive in relation to a domestic incident.
The SIU says that police officers breached the door of the residence. They then entered the bathroom where they located a man with stab wounds.
The man was apprehended.
Paramedics attended to the victim, however, he was pronounced dead shortly after midnight.
According to the SIU, a woman was also located inside the home with serious injuries. The woman, says the SIU, was transported to hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The SIU says a child from the home was also transported to hospital due to injuries.
Currently, three investigators and three forensic investigators have been assigned to this incident.
We will provide updates as they become available.
UPDATE: According to police, the child is in stable condition.
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- UPDATE: Woman pronounced dead after being found with life-threatening injuries
- No Charges Laid After Man Pronounced Dead Following Arrest in Brampton
- Woman Pronounced Dead Following Domestic Violence Case In Brampton
- Brampton Man Dead After Stabbing Incident
- Man Dead After Interaction With Police in Brampton