Two Men Arrested in Connection with Break and Enter in Brampton
Two Brampton men have been arrested and charged in connection with a break and enter in the city.
On Thursday, Jan. 26 at approximately 12:30 a.m., a homeowner on Jessie Street (which is in the McLaughlin and Queen Street area) spotted two men inside a backyard shed.
The homeowner immediately contacted police.
Peel police officers, police service dog Maverick and his handler went to the area to investigate. Maverick was able to track the two males without incident after officers investigated and spoke to witnesses.
Police have charged 26-year-old Brampton man Jamie Somerville with break and enter. He was released on a Promise to Appear with a court date of Wednesday, March 8 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Police also charged 21-year-old Brampton man Tytan CANCILLA with break and enter. Cancilla was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Premier Doug Ford reveals Brampton is "hot spot" for COVID-19
- Brampton issues 56 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to individual in crisis in Brampton
- Police Arrest Man in Connection with 14 Break and Enter Incidents in Brampton
- Police Arrest Brampton Teen in Connection with Multiple Break-Ins
- Three Brampton Residents Arrested in Connection with Break-In
- Peel Police Seeking Public’s Assistance Following a Break and Enter
- Brampton Man Charged in Connection With Theft and Break and Enter